Monday, May 28, 2018

My First Home Matcha

This morning I made matcha at home for the first time.  My daughter's friend had given her a canister of matcha powder, so being a lover of all things tea, I wanted to try it.  I looked up instructions online on how to prepare matcha, and this is what I came up with.

First, (above) I strained the matcha powder with a small kitchen strainer.


Second, (above) I poured just under boiling water into the powder and whisked it.  I must not have done it properly because, as you see, I did not get any froth.  This mixture tasted bitter and powdery to me, so I added sugar and milk to the bowl. See below.  Now that turned out to be delicious.


I don't think my methods were orthodox, however I produced a matcha which I enjoyed.

No comments

Post a Comment

© my tea diary
Maira Gall