Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Tea Craft Tuesday: Paper Camellia Sinensis


I made this floral arrangement a while back. The flowers and leaves are supposed to resemble those of the camellia sinensis plant. The contemporary container makes a nod to the blue and white china  that has long been popular in Europe and North America, as well as a nod to the clipper ships that played an important role in the 19th century tea trade.

To make the flowers and leaves of this arrangement, I used paper punches. I assembled the punched pieces on floral wire using the instructions in the book, Fanciful Paper Flowers by Sandra Evertson.


2 comments

  1. I love your floral arrangement, and that blue-and-white container is perfect in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© my tea diary
Maira Gall