Saturday, May 13, 2017

New To Me: Butter + Toast Pottery and G & Tea


Today I am enjoying two things that are new to me.  The first is an art pottery mug that I found at a thrift store this morning.  The maker's mark on the bottom of the mug reads "Butter + Toast."  So I have done a little online sleuthing and have discovered that Butter + Toast was a design company founded in 1986 by RISD graduates Gibb Browlie and Michael Lamar.  If you follow the links you will see that these two talented men are now engaged in other activities, but are still in the art and design field.

The second "new to me" thing I am enjoying right now is the tea that I am drinking from this mug.  I recently purchased a 2 ounce bag of "G & Tea" created by Jessie Dean of the Asheville Tea Company. As the name of this tea blend suggests, it is inspired by the botanicals that are typically found in a gin and tonic cocktail.  This loose tea mix blends green tea, lime peel, lime basil, rosemary, and juniper.  It is delicious and a great afternoon pick me up.

No comments

Post a Comment

© my tea diary
Maira Gall