Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Artists and the Humble Tea Bag

very simple collage on a tea bag paper

Over the years I have run across a number of artists who have, at times in their career, used tea bags as a primary element in their artwork. I am always drawn to these artists and their artwork because of the tea bag's association with tea, drinking tea, taking tea, throwing tea parties and so on.  But I am also attracted to the work of these artists because they are re-using a humble material that would otherwise end up in the trash. I love the mottled sepia color of teabags stained by black tea. And I love the translucence of tea bag papers when empty and dry. So if, like me, you have a thing for tea-infused art, take a look at the work of the following artists.





No comments

Post a Comment

© my tea diary
Maira Gall