Saturday, January 27, 2018

Trader Joe's Cream Early Grey Loose Tea



I enjoy cream Earl Grey tea blends, and this one from Trader Joe's does not disappoint.  Called "Earl Grey de la Creme," the name makes reference to the phrase "creme de la creme," the "best of the best," as well as noting that this is a cream Earl Grey blend.  As the package indicates, the blend contains a hint of vanilla, along with black tea, bergamot flavor, dried sunflower and dried cornflower.

At the suggestion on the package, I heated the water to a lower temperature than my usual 212 degrees. I heated the water to 200 degrees simply because that was a default setting on my adjustable temp tea kettle.  I steeped the leaves for 5 minutes. 

The brew is a light, perfumed tea that carries a somewhat floral and creamy flavor.  I am enjoying it with a Biscoff cookie.

No comments

Post a Comment

© my tea diary
Maira Gall