Sunday, December 20, 2020

Share Tea Love with Your Community

 I recently set up a tea-themed display at my local library branch.  This is a wonderful way for any tea lover to share her/his/their love of tea with a local community. 

The display I created is on view at the North Asheville Branch Library, Asheville, North Carolina, for this month of December.  It features books from my personal tea library which are also available for check out through the Buncombe County, North Carolina library system.  I identified each book with the type of person I thought it might appeal to.  For example, some of the book headings are "Tea for the fiction lover" (Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See), "Tea for the memoir lover" (Infused: Adventures in Tea by Henrietta Lovell), "Tea for the Activist" (The Way of Tea and Justice by Becca Stevens), and "Tea for the history buff" (For All the Tea in China by Sarah Rose). You get the idea.

In the display, I also included an assortment of different style tea pots, a Limoges tea set, and two children's ceramic tea sets. I also included a flyer entitled "What is tea?" as well as two botanical drawings of the Camellia sinensis.

The exhibit has been well received by both library staff and the public.  For me it has been a fun way both support my local library and share my love of tea with my community.


Photo is courtesy of North Asheville Branch Library.

Photo is courtesy of North Asheville Branch Library.

3 comments

  1. What a FABULOUS idea! That never occurred to me--and we have a retired reference librarian in the family. I wished I lived in NC so I could check it out. Is there any way to see a list of the books you included?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to send you a list of the books that are included in the exhibit. But you might find it more interesting to look at your local library's online catalog and do a keyword search for "tea." OR you can look at the list (needs to be updated) of tea books in my personal collection on this web site under the heading "my tea library."

      Delete
  2. I wish I had known about this. It is such a handsome display.

    ReplyDelete

© my tea diary
Maira Gall