Friday, May 18, 2018

Tea Bag Holders


I have spent the morning searching for information about these little teapot-shaped thingies, variously called "tea bag holders," "tea bag rests," or "tea bag dishes." I have unintentionally amassed a small collection of them simply because: 1)  I drink a great deal of tea, 2) Friends give them to me as gifts, and 3) I buy them because they are so darn cute.

I have not found any historical information about these tea accessories.  If you can point me to references I would greatly appreciate it!  I can only guess that these developed and became popular as use of tea bags grew and became popular over the course of the 20th century.

It is not hard to find information about the invention of and spread in popularity of the tea bag.  Two nice summaries can be found HERE and HERE.


No comments

Post a Comment

© my tea diary
Maira Gall